What’s so special about this sunset behind Longboat key? Some who have seen hundreds of sunsets across Sarasota bay might say nothing.
I have a close friend who is what you would call a deep thinker when it comes to spiritual things. He has an amazing “God” connection and seems to receive divine wisdom from heaven.
One day my friend explained to me that God paints a different sunset every evening. I’d never really thought about that, have you? Each painting is different and original. People gather all over the world to see and capture the handy work that the Lord creates every night.
So in light of the things my friend shared with me, there is something very special about this sunset and every sunset. There’s never one that is every the same. That makes each one special.
Facts About This Image
- Camera used was a Nikon Coolpix p600
- Location image was taken from was near the Purple Cow in Sarasota
- Time of year was during the month of April
- The year was 2016
- The photo was color enhances using a free software program called Gimp
- The zoom feature on the camera was used. The land was a couple of miles away
- No cropping was done on this pic
The location this photo was taken from gets a lot of activity from:
- People come to this area to watch sunsets, walk, ride bikes, cuddle, read, sleep, fish, bird watch, take pictures, picnic, play musical instruments and many other activities…
- Seagulls, herons and pelicans feeding on small schools of bait fish
- Boaters who are loading and unloading their boats at the 10th street boat ramp
- Folks attending events at the Van Wezel Performing Arts Center
- Homeless people who are just hanging out socializing with each other, sleeping, relaxing, reading books, bird watching, walking etc…
If you are looking for a great place to relax and catch a sunset looking over Longboat key, this is it. Along this Sarasota bay shoreline there are several park benches, a large grass area to spread out a blanket on, sightseeing docks, large rocks to sit on and a beautiful view.
You can check out a review of the equipment used to take this image here: Nikon Coolpix P600 Review
Where are some good places to watch the sunset in Sarasota?
- Island Park
- Siesta Key
- Lido Key
- Siesta Key Bridge
- John Ringling Causeway Bridge
- Crescent Beach
- Turtle Beach
- Marina Jack
- Longboat Key
If you are planning to watch the sunset in Sarasota, I’d suggest trying out this spot where this picture was taken. There’s plenty of parking and very little traffic to deal with. Here is the exact address of where this photo was taken:
1101 10th St
Sarasota, FL 34236