This alligator image was taken in the Chattanooga Tennessee Aquarium. The half submerged reptile actually looks as if he has a smaller alligator on its back (better seen when photo is enlarged). The smaller one is about six feet away in the background.
There are a few things captured in this image that I really like:
- The clarity of all of the things in the image
- The partial reflection in the glass of the woman standing next to me
- The people looking at the display from around the corner
- The guard rail of the upper level gives the image of the aquarium a three denominational appearance
- As already mentioned, the smaller alligator looks as if he is riding on the bigger one’s back
- The clarity of the skin patterns on the alligator
There were a lot of people visiting the Chattanooga Aquarium on this overcast and moderately rainy day. I had actually made plans to go to Ruby Falls, Rock City and Lookout Mountain, but the weather didn’t allow.
This large aquarium is the third one I’ve been to. A couple of years ago I visited the Atlanta aquarium. Of the two, I’d say that the one in Atlanta is a lot better.